Last updated: 24 May 2018
2. What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Only registered visitors can leave comments on this website “Electronic Music of Brainvoyager” and when they do, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Only registered visitors who have author rights (authors) can upload images to this website “Electronic Music of Brainvoyager”. If you upload images, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on this website.
2.3. Contact form
We may use the information provided to us by using the Contact Form for the following purposes:
- process and manage the use of the Contact Form;
- respond to your enquiries;
- provide, maintain, protect and improve the Contact Form;
- research purposes including historical and statistical purposes;
- investigation of complaints, suspected suspicious transactions and research for service improvement.
2.4.1. Cookies in general
As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this website and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
2.4.2. Cookies by Google Analytics
Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing them other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
2.4.3. Other cookies placed by “Electronic Music of Brainvoyager”
- If you leave a comment on our website you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. In case you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
2.5. Embedded content from other websites
2.6. Links to other websites
This website “Electronic Music of Brainvoyager” contains links to other websites. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personally identifiable information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personally identifiable information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
3. Who we share your data with
We do not sell our registered visitors’ private personal information. We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- as required by law: we may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request;
- to protect rights and property: we may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of the website “Electronic Music of Brainvoyager”, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay;
- with your consent: we may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so, such as the social media services that you connect to on your own website if you have one;
- aggregated and de-identified information: we may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services.
4. How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For visitors that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All registered visitors can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). The website administrator can also see and edit that information.
5. What rights you have over your data
If your location is in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (also known as the GDPR), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- request access to your personal data;
- request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data;
- request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you are not able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, use the Contact Form in the main menu at the top of each page of this website.
EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
If you have an account on this website “Electronic Music of Brainvoyager” (you have when you are a registered visitor) and have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
6. Where we send your data
Every day this website´s logs show numerous attacks from spambots that have been trying to get access to this website in order to get their spam comments posted. Automated spamming is very likely to occur if no measures have been taken against it.
Generally it’s not mandatory to register for “Electronic Music of Brainvoyager”. However, if you would like to write comments on the subjects and album reviews, you will have to register first as a precaution against automated spamming. We may check registered visitor’s comments through an automated spam detection service.
7. How we protect your data
We are serious about guarding the security of your personal information and the details of any transactions you make. Hence, we take appropriate organisational and technical security measures to protect your data against unauthorised disclosure or processing. We use a secure server to store the information you give us when you register or make an order.
Your account information and credentials – like passwords – are confidential. Make sure you keep this information safe. Do not share it with anyone else.